Occupational Medicine deals with all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
Primarily based on the kind of work being performed, many health problems may arise if proper safety precautions and practices are not followed.
- These problems can include
- Cuts, fractures, or amputations due to accidents.
- Respiratory diseases, cancers etc due to exposure to radiation, unsafe chemicals and unclean environment.
- Hearing problems caused by exposure to noise
- Vision problems or even blindness
- Communicable diseases due to exposure to germs in healthcare settings
- Stress related disorders due to workload and conditions of work environment.
Schaumburg immediate care provides specialized care for work place related injuries.
- Our experienced physicians provide services for the following:
- Chest Radiography
- Construction injuries
- Incidents affecting vision and hearing
We also provide the following services:
Independent Medical Exams
- For scheduling an Independent Medical Exam, contact us at (847) 891 6850.
- A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a comprehensive objective test of an individual’s ability to perform work-related tasks. An FCE has a musculoskeletal base and performance is rated; physical abilities and limitations are compared to physical and functional findings.
- We also provide the following DOT Services
- DOT exams
- DOT re-certification
- DOT compliance testing
- NIDA/DOT substance abuse testing
- NIDA drug testing
- EBT (alcohol testing)
- DATIA (Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association)
- Certified Drug/Alcohol technicians
For more information and to get a complete list of services provided, please contact us at (847) 891 6850.