Schaumburg Immediate Care Chiropractic Clinic
Chiropractic care maintains the integrity of the spine and nervous system to help prevent health problems. Chiropractic can be a successful treatment alternative to risky, invasive procedures. Schaumburg Immediate Care Immediate Medical Care has a modern and comprehensive Chiropractic program that serves all your needs.
What sets Schaumburg Immediate care apart is that we are a complete Medical Clinic with a Chiropractic division which means, X-Ray, Lab, access to physicians, and all diagnostic services are all under one roof. That means you can get everything done in one place which saves you considerable time, and money.
“ Mention our website and receive a free pain consult
Our Chiropractors may help you with:
- Back pain (Common back pain causes include nerve problems, disc problems, osteoarthritis, and muscular problems.)
- Headaches/neck pain (Headaches that stem from neck pain are found mostly in individuals who have tightness in the posterior neck muscles, which are at the back of the neck.)
- Carpal Tunnel (The first symptoms may appear when sleeping and typically include numbness or a burning and tingling sensation in the fingers, especially the thumb, index, and middle fingers)
- Pinched Nerves (A nerve can be pinched as it leaves the spine by a herniated disc or bone spurs that form from spinal arthritis.)
- Arthritic conditions (Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.)
- Scoliosis (It is a medical condition in which a person’s spine is curved from side to side, and may also be rotated. On an x-ray, the spine of an individual with a typical scoliosis may look more like an “S” or a “C” than a straight line.
- Sciatica (The pain is felt in the lower back, buttock, and/or various parts of the leg and foot. In addition to pain, which is sometimes severe, there may be numbness, muscular weakness, and difficulty in moving or controlling the leg. Typically, the symptoms are only felt on one side of the body.)
- Slipped disks (The disks are protective shock-absorbing pads between the bones of the spine. Although they do not actually “slip,” a disk may split or rupture. This can cause the disk to fail, allowing the gel to escape into the surrounding tissue. The leaking jellylike substance can place pressure on the spinal cord or on a single nerve fiber and cause pain either around the damaged disk or anywhere along the area controlled by that nerve.)
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Syndrome (The rotator cuff is a group of four muscles that helps to lift your arm up over your head and also rotate it toward and away from your body. Rotator cuff tendonitis, also knows as “bursitis” or “impingement syndrome” occurs when the rotator cuff gets irritated on the undersurface of the acromion. A rotator cuff tear occurs when the tendonitis in the rotator cuff gets so bad that it wears a hole through the rotator cuff tendon.)
- Hip/knee/ankle pain (Hip pain can be caused by muscle strain around the hip, direct trauma (injury) to the hip joint or may be referred pain from joints or muscles of the spine. Knee pain may be caused by leg muscle strain or injury to the hip, knee or ankle joints. Foot and ankle pain may result from a direct foot trauma to the joints, ligaments or muscles. Foot pain is often caused by fallen arches (flat feet), which place the feet under abnormal strain. However foot and ankle pain can also be caused by injury to the sciatic nerve.)
- Joint stiffness and muscle spasms (If a joint has been hurting you, then becomes stiff and “rickety”-feeling, your body may actually be making its own splint to protect the joint from further injury. Muscles surrounding the joint go into spasm to prevent the joint from moving, and those spasms contribute to stiffness.)
On Site Diagnostic Studies we provide:
- X-Ray (We have X-Ray facilities on site at Schaumburg Immediate Care so we can immediately diagnose your problem without waiting so we can begin treating it immediately.)
- NCS (Nerve conduction studies are used mainly for evaluation of paresthesias (numbness, tingling, burning) and/or weakness of the arms and legs. We provide this testing on site at Schaumburg Immediate Care to help immediately diagnose your problem.)
- Diagnostic Ultrasound (This medical imaging technique is used to visualize muscles, tendons, with real time tomographic images. Once again it allows us to help diagnose your problem immediately and then begin treatment.)
- Fluoroscopic exam (These exams are special applications of X-ray imaging, in which a fluorescent screen or image intensifier tube is connected to a closed-circuit television system, which allows real-time imaging of structures in motion.)
Physical Therapy Treatment Modalities:
- Chiropractic manipulations (The term “adjustment” refers to the specific manipulation chiropractors apply to vertebrae that have abnormal movement patterns or fail to function normally. The objective of the chiropractic treatment is to reduce the subluxation, which results in an increased range of motion, reduced nerve irritability and improved function.)
- Deep tissue therapeutic massage (Deep tissue massage is a type of massage aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue. It is a more focused type of massage, as the therapist works to release chronic muscle tension or knots (also known as “adhesions.”)
- Core body strengthening and individualized exercise treatment programs (Core strengthening requires the regular and proper exercise of your body’s 29 core muscles. At Schaumburg Immediate Care we design individualized exercise treatment programs which rehabilitate injuries and help prevent new ones fr0m happening.)
- Therapeutic Ultrasound (Ultrasound can produce many effects other than just the potential heating effect. It has been shown to cause increases in tissue relaxation, local blood flow, and scar tissue breakdown. The effect of the increase in local blood flow can be used to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation, and, according to some studies, promote bone fracture healing.)
- E-Stim (Through E-Stim, or electrotherapy, you can achieve three general outcomes: pain reduction, tissue therapy and muscle rehabilitation or strengthening.
- Exercise and Fitness (Carefully planned exercise regimens and physical therapy help rehabilitate existing injuries, and prevent new ones.)
The Chiropractic Care division at Schaumburg Immediate Care is trained to deal with all kinds of injuries.